Gitex Shopper Spring 2016 is here.
You’ve made your investments, got your branding sorted and hired your student sales force. You know you have the product strength to blow off competition, but you’re not too sure how much your student promoters will deliver.
Don’t worry. We have it sorted for you. We have been managing teams at Gitex Shopper from its days at Dubai Airport Expo, so we know our Shopper well. Here are our 4 expert tips to maximise your Gitex Shopper 2016 sales force:
- Divide your salesforce carefully
Chances are you have hired one big batch of student promoters and now need to divide them among retailers (if you are a brand) and among brands (if you are retailer). Give this some careful thought. Look at their native product knowledge and experience and do an equitable divide among brands/retailers. Make sure there is a good mix of oldies and newbies to get the right balance of promoter experience and enthusiasm.
- Set expectations right
This is why your morning briefs and night de-briefs are critical. You need to set very clear expectations. Spell out your daily sales targets. Explain how long each break is. Talk to them about discipline and soft sales skills. Remember they are students, not professional sales execs. Unless you tell them what they should do, how will they do it?
- Motivate. Motivate.
Be firm but gentle in your handling of the student team. Haul them up if they dawdle at their breaks or are not showing enough energy while at the stand. But remember they are young, impressionable and eager to do their best. Discipline them for sure but motivate them far more. A simple ‘well done’ or singling out someone for a pat on the back at the briefing will work wonders. Encourage Gitex Shopper student promoters to sell by letting them know there will be surprise prizes. And always encourage them to ask questions and learn more.
- WHY BRANDS NEED MORE CONTINUITY BETWEEN MARKETING, SALES AND CUSTOMER SERVICE August 2, 2017 1:20 pm
- GOOD OR BAD: WHAT KIND OF CHANNEL MANAGER ARE YOU? August 2, 2017 1:16 pm
- HOW ARE DIGITAL PUBLISHERS APPROACHING MONETIZATION: 4 KEY TAKEAWAYS August 2, 2017 1:12 pm
- RETARGET LOST CUSTOMERS DURING THE HOLIDAY SEASON TO DRIVE SALES August 2, 2017 10:55 am
- 3 EXPERT TIPS TO MAXIMISE YOUR GITEX SHOPPER 2016 STUDENT SALES FORCE August 2, 2017 10:38 am